Speak to me! | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Monday, April 6, 2015

Speak to me!

Deciding to let the fabrics be my guide ( since I had no clue what I was doing) was the best course of action to take with this quilt.  I could not have had inspiration to start a quilt at a less opportune time but that is when inspiration seems to happen, when we least expect it and when we are not looking for it.

It has been about six weeks since I had really sat down to sew.  Maybe little bits here and there but nothing that required my full attention.  When sewing takes a backseat to life, I need to reacquaint myself with my machine ( she gets fussy when ignored), with how I work best, and what colors look best together up on the wall.  It takes time to do get into the groove.  I am now feeling groovy!  I let the fabrics speak to me and this is what they had to say...



The wall is filling up with some very beautiful blocks and the now eight year old ( HAPPY BIRTHDAY little man) is walking through every now and again to check on the progress of his quilt. I now have an on site supervisor and am feeling the pressure to have this done sometime soon!  The approval rating of the supervisor has gone up since taking this new direction ;o)  One more way I know this was the right thing to do.


SHARE:

4 comments

Average Quilter said...

Looks like windows. He's going to love it

lalaluu said...

The blues, the plaid, the scrappy improv blocks - I love it all! I'm glad the onsite supervisor does as well; a guy with good taste! ;)

Jennifer Thomas said...

Keep on sewing with that quilty groove, you! Thanks for sharing. Have a super day!

Gene Black said...

It will be a fun quilt and you KNOW that he will love it.

Blogger Template by pipdig