SEWjo Saturday 6 | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Saturday, April 19, 2014

SEWjo Saturday 6

I did it!  I made something this week!  I crossed something off my list, and I am LOVING them!  My daughter in law ( have a ever mentioned how amazing she is?) asked for pillows last Christmas.  I started some and then found out that those were not her favorite colors...they are gorgeous but will not go with her style.  She saw the blocs I made from the Lucky Stars BOM by Elizabeth from Don't Call Me Betsy and asked if it was possible to use them in her pillows.  ABSOLUTELY!   The prints are all Amy Butler from various lines.  LOVING these!






I  echo and straight-line quilted the pillow fronts with Aurifil 50wt in a lovely light gray. The light gray blends in with all of the other colors perfectly.  It is simple and elegant.





I think more pillows may be in my future since these look so incredibly AWESOME on my sofa!



This week's incentive prize for linking up to SEWjo Saturday...10 Riley Blake fat quarters and a spool of 50wt Aurifil thread in green to Push Spring into actually happening.   I am still freezing!


Let's get our SEWjo (sewing mojo) going!  This link up will be open from Saturday through Monday to give you LOTS of time in case you need to do silly other stuff like make dinner or driving your kids somewhere and then there is always making sure you have good lighting. The things we all have to go through...sigh ;o)

To participate in the party please... 
1. Share a project from this past week or TODAY!!! Link it up from your blog or, if you do not have a blog, your Flickr photos. It can be a  FABULOUS finish or a WIP ( any progress is always good)that you are working hard to get off your sewing table!  

2. Share a link back to SEWjo Saturday somewhere in your post. I would be over the moon if you grabbed the button and shared that too ;o)

3. Share some love with some of the other posters!!!!  Visit some of the linked up photos and get inspired by other quilty friends' work. And please leave some sunshine in their comments! Let's support each other!  


Congrats to... Melissa!!!!!





SHARE:

16 comments

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Ahh! Kim! I *love* those pillows - they turned out gorgeous!

Lori said...

Wow. I woke up thinking to make a new Easter skirt...but now I want to make some pillows. Truth is, I REALLY need to weed the flower beds. Sigh...

Marilyn in San Antonio, TX said...

These pillows are gorgeous. I need that beautiful fabric to get started on them.

margaret said...

Kim you have a wonderful array of cushions here

Jessica said...

The stars look awesome! The Amy Butler sunspots just pop out at me ;)

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for finishes, I'm sure she'll love them!

Run 'n Stitch said...

Your pillows are really beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Anna said...

I love those pillows! Those paper pieced stars are fantastic :) You couch is such a big pile of fabric-y happiness- perfect!

Dorian said...

Beautiful pillows Kim! Happy Easter.

Lisa Clark said...

Beautiful pillows! Have a Happy Easter!

Shan said...

All those pillows are beautiful. I'm sure your Daughter In-Law will love her's. I have some things from last year that I would like to start and finish is year.

DeborahGun said...

these look gorgeous Kim :-)

SewMisadventurous said...

Blimey, talk about "Great Minds Think Alike" - although there is that little addendum "and fools seldom differ" to worry about, I started these blocks yesterday; I only just found out about the 'Laced Star/Spinning Star/de dah dee dah Star' (depending on where you're looking it up. But I loved it on sight, in fact I love almost all of the stars, unfortunately for this brand newbie quilter, it seems that the more complicated the star the more I like it.
Today's job is to get a couple more stitched, and then I can panic about washing them. Me do things backwards? never

Renee said...

Beautiful pillows!!

Needled Mom said...

Those pillows are gorgeous!

Vera said...

These are really pretty. I missed last week linky but hopefully I'll see you tomorrow :-)

Blogger Template by pipdig