Happy Weekender on Moda Bake Shop {tutorial} | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Weekender on Moda Bake Shop {tutorial}




I am so happy to share this project!  I am very thankful to Moda Bake Shop for letting me make it using the fabulous Vintage Modern, that can be found here and here!!!!! Really beautiful colors!!!!!!  If you'd like to make this it is on Moda Bake Shop today :o)


It is an easy, fast, pretty much sew as you go  that started out as a mini and was made into a lap quilt for my grandmother that just turned 90!  Most people have two grandmothers. I have two that were my natural grandmothers { they have both passed}and when my mom remarried, in entered  Gma into my life!  Great stories, great food, laughter and love! She is the woman you go to if you want something DONE!  I love her dearly and so this happy, vibrant piece of love was sent to her for her birthday :o)



THANKS again Moda Bake Shop...you guys are the BEST!
SHARE:

9 comments

KristyLou said...

I was just looking at your quilt on Moda, and you know what... i LOVE that mini. The quilt is pretty awesome too. But I really want that mini. I guess I will have to break out my creative thinking and make myself one. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Debbie said...

Very pretty! Can never have too many grandmas!

Katy Cameron said...

WHat a fab quilt for her! I was lucky enough to have both grandmothers and my great grandmother til I was 18. The two grandmothers are still going strong!

Betty said...

I love your quilt! Thanksfor a grwat tutorial.

Needled Mom said...

What a lovely gift for her. I am sure she loved it.

Kati said...

Wonderful as always! What a cute pattern.

sukie said...

Kim. . can you help me find my socks??? You keep knocking them off my feet!

Meg said...

Congrats on your feature, Kim! I love that quilt--it's now on my to-do list!

ktquilts said...

I have a charm pack of Sophie, and just had to go order two more so I could make this for my niece sometime!

Great quilt!

Blogger Template by pipdig