WOW! Really!?!?! | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Sunday, May 1, 2011

WOW! Really!?!?!











I opened my email last week and found the nicest email from Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts...


She was overly kind in awarding a Stylish Blogger Award!!!!!!! I am really quite overwhelmed and completely flattered. Thank you so much Jennifer your blog and your work is inspiring!!!!!

Check out this quilt she made for her dad, so very sweet :o)



To accept this award, the recipients are asked to do a few things:

  • Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. 
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Award the title to 6 or 7 blogs you feel deserve the award.
  • Contact these blogs to let them know about the award. 




I will try to not bore you  all  to tears with my about me: 
  1. I am a vegetarian and have been for over 20 years, I do not really care if other people do eat meat, it is just not my thing :o) I am trying to be vegan again too. I am having an issue with giving up PIZZA!!!!! 
  2. I starting sewing because I could not find affordable cute baby boy things for Adam. I started a tiny business called Go-Go Baby and had that until the CPSIA. I have just been sewing for people I am super close to and myself since then. I miss seeing photos of my creations on cute little people :o(
  3. I rescue vintage sewing machines. I hate to see an old unloved machine without a home! I will take some photos and post them soon. 
  4. I am 8hr HAZMAT trained. This has come in very handy during potty training and having to dispose of toxic waste!
  5. I can pick things up with my toes, so can all of my children. The Mr. cannot and I think he is envious of our monkey toes ;o)  He says he is not  but I *know* the truth...
  6. I love vintage china from Poland and Bavaria, oh and Pyrex. I am always the hunt for new or interesting pieces.
  7. I run or  my version of running which is done with my Johnny Cash running attire ( I wear A LOT of black) and looks mostly like a fast walk with a bounce. It makes me *feel* like I am doing something!
  8. I have to add this because I am on step one...I am addicted to FB, not the games just the people. It is like a reality show ( something I do not even watch) in real time. Whew, I feel better :o) 


Here are the seven I will be following for a long time for sure.  I could have added about 30 to 40 MORE!!!! Check them out! 





Amy Lou Who: I met Amy at Costco almost two years ago. I noticed her bag and the cute fabric and asked if she sewed it ( the stitches were to perfect to be store bought). Instant friends. I would not be blogging if not for Amy! She is one of the kindest and most supportive people I have ever known!!!! She has super adorable kids too!!!!

Sew Sweetness: Shock and surprise!!!!! Seriously, Sara is the one that pushes me to go outside my comfort zone and she always makes it so easy when I get there!!!! She sews so many different things and is always looking for new projects, she is wearing this old broad OUT! I am so thankful that she is blogging about different kinds of sewing to get people out of there boxes and try something new!


City House Studio: Michelle has a great eye for color and is another person that inspires me to sew out of my box!!!!!


Patchwork In Paris: Jennifer!!!! This is blog is eyecandy and she is a sewing MACHINE!!!!! I think she must not sleep or drinks more coffee than I do which is mindblowing! Maybe she has gnomes ...I will ask her later :o) Beautiful sewing and nice photos too! I tried to get a msg to you but you are a no reply blogger ( I was too until Amy Lou Who showed me the way !) Here is how to on it so I can reach you :o)
 

Sew Happiness: Eleni has a cheerful blog with a great "Tuesday Things I Love"  that I do love :o)

april two eighty: Brooke... what can I say... just AWESOME!!!!!

Stuff Mummy Makes:  Lisa is so talented! Her bags are beautiful and the photos she takes are stunning! Great blog!!!!


Thank you ladies for your inspiration and for taking the time to share it with the rest of the world!!!!


And Jennifer,again thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!! 



Kim :o)


SHARE:

7 comments

HoneySage said...

Congrats! You have a great blog and you deserve this! I am glad I found you!

sewhappiness said...

Congratulations Kim:) I'm so happy for you!!! You do deserve it!!!
And thank you so much for giving me this award:) I could not believe it when I saw your email:) Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that I would be so welcomed in this loving community:)
Thank you for this awesome feeling!!
Happy May to all of you!!
xo
Eleni @ sewhappiness.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How sweet what an honor and congratulations. Is nice to get to know someone through their blog a little. I love the fact that some put there picture there it makes it so much more personal.

amylouwhosews said...

You are too sweet! And super stylish and totally deserving of this award!!

gotta love Costco! you can find ANYthing there! Even kindred spirits!

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks so much for all the truly lovely compliments about my blog and my sewing - what an honor! I am new to the quilting world and am so happy when others enjoy what I make.
I love your blog too - always such fun & fresh fabrics and projects! Congratulations!
Also, thanks for the tip about being a no reply blogger - I had no idea! I think that I have rectified the situation.
Jen

Quiltstory said...

That was a really good "Get to know you" list! I can pick things up with my toes too, and so can my oldest (so far)! Congrats on your award :)

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Wow, thank you so much for the sweet words, Kim, and it was fun to read all those things about you! I didn't know about the Polish china, you will have to give me a photographic example of what you like so I can keep a lookout from all my Polish neighbors, lol.

Blogger Template by pipdig