Peppermint Candy Pillow | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Peppermint Candy Pillow

During my treasure hunt, I also unearthed this block that I had designed for the Sew Sweetness 12 Days of Christmas Quilt Along... in 2011!   I have had this block for quite some time and decided it would make a GREAT pillow to go along with my others.  The Peppermint Block Tutorial  is easy and fun.  The wrapper has a 3-d effect that gives the appearance of a real wrapper :O)





I used my Bernina 440QE for some fast free motion bubbles and meandering for the quilting.  The thread used was 50wt Aurifil to melt into the fabric.



I may have more treasures hidden away in that room of mine and I really do need one more pillow.  If you have block or two that you know will remain a UFO, make a PILLOW!

SHARE:

4 comments

Katy Cameron said...

Well recovered, and love the pleats in the wrapper ends :o)

margaret said...

so much better as a cushion than a sample in the drawer, mind you I have more cushions than I can cope with, even took some to the charity shop the other day and have to chuck some on the floor when i go to bed, not sure where the 15 or so ones will go that are on the spare bed when my daughter and granddaughter come on 28th for the Xmas lunch we are having on 29th, delayed this year as Helen the younger daughter is on a 1 to 8 shift as a nurse on 25th

Anonymous said...

I know a couple of gr.granddaughters who would LOVE their own "sweet" pillow!!!! Thanks so much for the idea/pattern....saved!!!!! Blessings.......

Linda said...

Gorgeous. Merry Christmas. :)

Blogger Template by pipdig