Handmade for a special teacher | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Friday, December 21, 2012

Handmade for a special teacher

My son's teacher is an amazing woman! She is a mom of boys, she is in charge of 20 5-6 year olds,that must be like cat wrangling most days, she manages to teach them something and send them home with a smile every single day!  The only gift I made this year is for her. The planning of  my gift making will be different next year, I will plan better and hopefully not have a house FULL of sick people for three weeks...we'll see how that one works out ;o)

I used the pattern from Noodlehead  the Open Wide Pouch. It is a great tutorial and very easy to follow for anyone making a pouch. It has TONS of photos for the visual learners like me (I am a SHOW ME girl). This only took me a couple of hours even with the cutting, piecing and ironing of the front. Great gift! I used linen with Michael Miller Cotton Couture solids (FAB COLORS), my favorite Magic in the Middle (tee hee hee, I just LOVE saying it) Pellon Craft Fuse to give is some body on the outside and sewed it up with Aurifil 40 wt, I used it since it is a bit heaver than the 50 and this will (hopefully ) be used A LOT! The accent topstitching is Aurifil 28wt. I am starting to appreciate the thicker threads and how gorgeous they look as quilting and topstitching.

I hope she likes it!!!!!



LOVE the Aurifil 28wt!







And a little something for inside the pouch ;o)



I really hope she likes it and knows how much we appreciate her!!!!
SHARE:

9 comments

Elsa said...

Your pouch turned out lovely ~
Anna's tutorial is the best! I've made I don't know how many pouches for friends with it!

Kristan said...

Kim, it's beautiful! So pretty and unique. She'll love it. I love the fabric choices and the fun piecing!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Absolutely beautiful. I just finished 3 for the men in my life xxx

Gramma Quilter said...

I love those pouches. It is on my "in he new year" list. A great gift.

Lisa C said...

Great job! I printed the pattern out earlier in the week. Now I need to buy the zipper and find a couple of hours on Sunday to whip one up. Lucky teacher!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Just gorgeous Kim. The only gifts I made this year were teacher gifts too! They're such amazing people, teachers get no where near enough credit for the job they do.

Katy Cameron said...

Fab, and love all the bright colours! Hope everyone's feeling better :o)

Annabella said...

Really stunning - I love the linen with the solids.

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

Blogger Template by pipdig