My WIp's for this week | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My WIp's for this week


Today I have been working on some Courthouse steps, these are  super easy and a great way to start paper piecing. It is also a scrap buster!!!!!



Lovely greens

Pretty Pinks


Gorgeous Grays


The pattern I used was from Elm Creek Quilts Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I checked it out from my library.




I am also practicing on some quilting but I need a new foot {I am hopefully getting today} to see my stitching better.  I was going to do some quilting but I am making too many mistakes because I cannot see through the plastic that is supposed to be see through but is not!



Linked up to WIP Wednesday


SHARE:

11 comments

Mrs.Pickles said...

great looking block!

Mary said...

Your courthouse steps are fab! Love that they are all in their own color. And I'm a sucker for all matryoshka prints! Way to go!

Needled Mom said...

I love those Courthouse Steps blocks.

Alli said...

Your scrappy courthouse blocks are so cute! What a good idea! :)

Katy Cameron said...

Love the courthouse steps, and the funky quilting!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous blocks.Enjoy your new foot xxx

Unknown said...

Those are some great looking courthouse blocks. I can't wait to see them all put together.

Lee said...

Beautiful courthouse steps! You're using such great prints for them. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Jess said...

I love all the yummy colour blocks. They look fab. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Mary Anne Drury said...

Like a breath of fresh air !!! Love your colors !!!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I've been scrolling through and it is so nice to meet the face behind these courthouse steps I found first on Flickr. They're beautiful! I also really like the quilting on the left in your picture. I see a kind of heart chain =)

Blogger Template by pipdig