A birthday cake for Adam | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A birthday cake for Adam



Today is my sweet boy's birthday!!!!! I cannot believe it has been four years already! I promised him a cake from scratch that he could help make, insane I know but the boy loves to cook. How could I possibly say no?

I learned from the gnocchi incident and found my glasses FIRST! Brought out the good old Joy of Cooking that I have had for 24 years.  The blue bound ones are so much cooler I hope someday to have one. I chose the Sour Cream cake. It has been years since I have had one but I recall them being really yummy!





I was shocked to find I did have all the ingredients. I did use yogurt instead of sour cream. It said I could in the book, so I tried it.

This is Adam's favorite part. Mine too, but I let him do it since it is his birthday :o)



  He had it all in the bowl


No more in the sifter.


I noticed when I was mixing the batter looked like a flower :o) Okay, maybe not exactly like a flower but without my glasses it was pretty darn close. And no I have not been drinking while cooking.


Whipped up the egg whites to fold in...

and we have batter that looks like batter should!!!!!

Instead of using oil and flour I use parchment paper. The cake never sticks, ever!



In the oven they go.




Now time for a bubble break













Finally done



 Frosted and yummy!!!! For the record I used canned frosting. Katy made me!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!!!!!!!



I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!!

Kim :o)
SHARE:

3 comments

amylouwhosews said...

Yay for birthdays! Looks like it was a good one! Great photos!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Happy birthday Adam! Kim I am amazed at how wonderful you are at blogging...you really should have done this sooner. You have some great writing and a lot of pictures to go along with your narratives. Just wonderful! :-)

Go-Go Kim said...

Thanks mamas!!!! We had a great time and the cake was DElicious! I should not have had that second piece before starting that dress,LOL!

Blogger Template by pipdig